Copyright & Warranties
The Copyright of content of this website is owned by Hydraulic Engineering Repair Services (HERS), a division of Hudaco Trading (Pty) Ltd, and is protected by copyright law.
No copies may be made of any of the drawings, designs, photographs or specifications of the products featured on this site for any use except for use as a customer in dealing with our company.
No products may be manufactured by third parties using the drawings, designs, photographs or specifications contained in this website, the PDF files provided or any copies thereof.
Components (individual and assembled) and processes are subject to a comprehensive guarantee to which end HERS undertakes the rectification of faulty workmanship and manufacture, at no additional cost.
New and repaired cylinders are covered by a 12-month warranty or 3000 hours, whichever occurs first.
Overhauls on transmissions, gearboxes and differentials carry a 1000 hours or 6 months from date of delivery, which ever comes first.
Contamination is a large contributor to cylinder failures and HERS will not be held liable for any failures related to contaminated systems.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
- HERS will not be responsible for any loose or bolt-on attachments which may accompany the cylinder such as fittings, pipes, valve blocks, brackets, plugs, etc.
- When an O.E.M. spare part is not available or cannot be sourced by HERS, it will be the customer’s responsibility to supply the spare part to HERS free of charge and the customer’s quotation will be adjusted accordingly to reflect such.
- All units will be repaired to the sample sent in by the customer. General engineering principles and specifications will be applied unless the customer supplies a complete set of engineering drawings.
- HERS will not be responsible for the correct operation of any cylinder which includes any electrical switches or directional solenoids.
- HERS does not undertake to carry out any installation or removal of its cylinder products on site during normal day to day activities or when a warranty dispute exists. All work is carried out ex works.
- Unless the test pressure is specified by the customer, HERS will test units according to standard hydraulic practice specifications.
- The warranty on the cylinder covers workmanship and material only. No additional claims will be honoured for downtime, injury or consequential damages which may occur from time to time.
- As an additional service to our customers, HERS offers to manage and control certain work which is not carried out by HERS but a third party. In this instance a buyout item will carry the original manufacturer or repairers warranty and HERS will be excluded from any dispute arising from a warranty claim except for managing the process.
- Cylinders must be operated specifically with hydraulic 68 oil only.
- Storage of units to be done in a clean environment and units are to be stored upright in such a manner that the rods are not exposed to damage.
- Warranty shall become null and void should (1) the unit be tampered with during the warranty period, or (2) any of the above conditions are not adhered to, or (3) failure or breakages on the unit are related to the abuse or misuse of the equipment, or (4) failure or breakage on the unit is related to other faulty components in the vehicle.
Accuracy of Information
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct. HERS disclaims responsibility for any action, proceedings, liabilities, claims, damages, costs, losses and expenses in relation to or arising out of incorrect use of this information.
HERS reserves the right to make changes to the information provided from time to time as it becomes necessary.